Mountain Brook City Schools kindergarten this year can begin the process on Jan. 25.
Jan. 25 is the first day parents or guardians can create their child’s online student account on the Mountain Brook Schools district website. Parents or guardians will fill out their child’s demographic information on that website and be able to pay for kindergarten items including supplies and field trips.
This online step should be completed before attending on-site enrollment.
On-site enrollment takes place throughout February, depending on the elementary school.
- Mountain Brook Elementary: Feb. 3
- Brookwood Forest Elementary: Feb. 10
- Cherokee Bend Elementary: Feb. 17
- Crestline Elementary: Feb. 24
On-site enrollment takes place between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on the designated days.
When attending on-site enrollment, bring the following items:
- Proof of residency, such as a property deed, title insurance or current lease agreement (Note: If siblings are currently enrolled in Mountain Brook Schools and the family residence has not changed, proof of residency is not required.)
- Child’s Social Security card (voluntary). If a Social Security number is not available or not provided, an internal number will be assigned.
- Birth certificate or other proof of age.
- Certificate of immunization. The original blue form can be provided if a child is not 5 years old at the time of enrollment, and an updated form can be turned in after the child turns 5.
More information can be found at www.mtnbrook.k12.al.us.